Re: [opensuse] iso file from Blu-Ray disc: how to play it or read contents?
On 21/09/13 02:00, Dylan wrote:
On 20/09/13 15:05, Basil Chupin wrote:
I created an iso file from a Blu-Ray disc but am unable to even read
what is on the disc nor can I play the movie which I believed was
possible when doing same with a standard DVD.

Is there some file I need to install in oS in order to be able to play
this iso file or is it the case that I need to burn the iso to a 50GB Bd
disc before I can view the contents?

Thanks for any hints.

VLC should open it (like it does a DVD image) if you have libbluray sorted out and all the necessary keys and DRM stuff...
http://www.videolan.org/developers/libbluray.html

Dylan

Aha. Thanks, Dylan for this info.

I'll check to see if I have libbluray-whatever installed.

I can play Bd discs with VLC and it is only with this iso image that I have a hassle so perhaps it may not be libbluray afterall. But I wil check.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.11.1 & kernel 3.11.1-2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor