Re: [opensuse] help needed to recover dual boot.
On 20/09/13 17:37, "Albert, Oszkó" wrote:
Hi all,

I have (had) a Win XP + openSuSE dual boot system. In the last couple of years I used only the linux part, but now I would need windows again to do some work with some specific software. I faced the problem that I could not boot into windows any more. I see both C: and D: partitions, the latter is for my data etc in windows.
How could I make it bootable again, without reinstalling any of the opsystems?

Thanks: OszkoA

Which version of openSUSE are you running?

Go to YaST>Bootloader and see which version of grub you are using - the first page of Bootloader will show if you are using 'grub' or 'grub2'.

Once we know the answers to above it should be only (hopefully! :-) ) a matter of running either grub- or grub2-mkconfig to get you out of trouble.

(But there are some parameters to be used with grub- or grub2-mkconfig so don't just go and run this command!)

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.11.1 & kernel 3.11.1-2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor