Re: [opensuse] Improved performance with NVidia drivers
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 19:26:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Thursday, 2013-09-19 at 11:19 -0400, James Knott wrote:

As I mentioned in another note, I got a pop up message telling me to
reboot. There is also a new entry in the grub menu. However, when I
look in /boot, the latest kernel date is June 7 on both default and
desktop kernels. But for some reason, the grub menu shows the desktop
kernal as default, as it was before, even though the new entries are for
the default kernel. I'm really not sure what's going on, as I don't
have any expertise in this area, but I do know I got that pop up to reboot.

If the driver specifies that it is compiled for the default kernel, you get that kernel installed. A recomendation or a dependency, I do not know.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.