Re: [opensuse] Improved performance with NVidia drivers
jdd wrote:
Where did the kernel come from? Why was it installed? The only thing I
did was get the Nvidia driver from their repository.

probably the install triggered a pending kernel upadte

As I mentioned in another note, the file dates are June 7. Also, I have
run online update several times since then, without a new kernel popping
up. So there weren't any recent kernel updates that would have cause
that. Also, the Nvidia drivers were loaded with Software Management,
not online update, so a new kernel, if there was one, wouldn't have been
picked up then.