Re: [opensuse] Improved performance with NVidia drivers
ianseeks wrote:
Well, tell that to my computer. I saw a pop up message telling me to
reboot. The new kernel was also added to the grub menu. However, it
has the same version number as the kernel on another computer that
doesn't use NVidia video. Both are at 3.7.10-1.16.
if you want to run the new kernel then you need to reboot but you don;t have
to if its to run the new NVidia driver
-

Where did the kernel come from? Why was it installed? The only thing I
did was get the Nvidia driver from their repository.