Re: [opensuse] Improved performance with NVidia drivers
On 19/09/13 22:30, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
On 2013-09-19T10:49:20, C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Some distro communities complied with their demands (RH, openSUSE
etc)... others didn't (PCLOS, and from what I can tell, Debian... the
nVIDIA drivers are in the non-free repo for Debian).
The others violate the license terms of the Linux kernel. They get away
with it by being ignored and not interesting targets to sue; RHT or SUSE
would not fall through the gaps.

The NVidia drivers don't explicitly forbid it, but they are incompatible
with the Linux kernel terms.

Regards,
Lars

Forgive me but what has the kernel licence terms have to do with the use of the nVidia driver?

The driver is not incorporated into the kernel so there is no problem with distributing it, right?

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.11.1 & kernel 3.11.1-2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor