Re: [opensuse] Improved performance with NVidia drivers
On 09/18/2013 11:03 PM, Rajko wrote:
On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 07:48:22 +0200
Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx> wrote:

This is because nvidia will not let
distros distribute their drivers.

It is actually because of incompatibility with a kernel license.
Kernel is for openSUSE more important then video driver, so there is no
Nvidia nor AMD proprietary drivers in our repos.

As a matter of fact, you will not find them in any distro that wants to
use Linux kernel.

Just plain wrong. As I pointed out, PCLOS has Nvidia drivers. It has
been using Linux kernels forever. It's up to 3.4.60 at the moment.

--doug

Repo that we have is actually hosted on Nvidia download server.

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley