[opensuse] oS 12.3 - why the long delay....
...when the boot process reaches the stage 'Starting Login Service'?

I have noticed this for quite some time but hadn't bothered about this until now.

When the system is booting there is a pause of 21.7 seconds when the kernel messages on the screen show 'Starting Login Service'. After this pause the login screen is reached in about 3 seconds.

Anybody know why there is this long pause, please?

I really don't remember when this started but if it is of any relevance this delay is present even in the just-upgraded kernel 3.11.1-2.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.11.1 & kernel 3.11.1-2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor