Re: [opensuse] Improved performance with NVidia drivers
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
It would have been interesting to know what drivers you were using when the
system was so slow. Perhpas the first time you installed the nvidia driver
the
nouveau was not properly blacklisted.

We install openSUSE from our own image made with KIWI. We always have the
nvidia driver repo enabled when we make these images so the nvidia driver is
always there from the start. I suspect that you had the nouveau driver, which
is the default one gets with openSUSE. This is because nvidia will not let
distros distribute their drivers. So there is always the step you did to get
theis drivers. I cannot see the benefit to nvidia for making this be the way
it
is.

There are Nouveau and NVidia drivers listed in the distro. I tried
switching them a few times. It was only yesterday that I tried the
Nvidia repository with 12.x, but had used it with 11.x and earlier.

The system is an Asus motherboard, which I bought over 8 years ago and
AMD Athlon 4000 64 bit CPU