Re: [opensuse] KDE WM appears to have died
* jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> [09-17-13 15:23]:
Le 17/09/2013 21:13, Richard a écrit :

I created a new user, password, logged out and in, and voila! success, so as
you suggest something is amiss in my primary user account. I suppose I
could
start comparing files between the two, starting with the plasma files under

the simplkest thing to do is go to kdm prompt (the passwd prompt) and choose
to launch only a terminal

I assume you are referring to a console login.

then move the .kde4 folder, (for example to .kde4.1), then reboot

If indeed, you have logged in to a console, no reboot is necessary, just:
init 5
and complete the login prompts.

after that you should be able to log in kde, with the default install config

gud luk,