Re: [opensuse] KDE WM appears to have died
On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:27:17 AM John M Andersen wrote:
On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 08:16:19 PM jdd wrote:
Le 17/09/2013 20:10, Richard a écrit :
Thanks for your attention and any assistance.

is this a desktop? if yes, try installing 12.3 from scratch or try a
live cd

upgrading 11.4 to 12.3 is a thing I don't want to do

jdd

Upgrading from 11.4 to 12.3 worked PERFECTLY for me on two different
machines. I mean everything came across and was working as expected.

The only thing is that it ignored lock on one package (Unison) that I have
to run a back-level version to sync with another server.

Fear not. It works.

However, upgrading simply because of a problem with an XServer seems like
swatting flys with a sledgehammer.

You are certainly right, and I have been a sledgehammer type guy in the past,
since I only knew sledgehammer skills. And this did work, at least to get a
working IceWM. Just did not smash the user plasma issue.

Richard