[opensuse] KDE WM appears to have died
Caveat: I am not a programmer and will likely not understand programmer-
speak.
Recently, running 11.4, happily for quite some time I might add, the login
failed and I could not re-start it. Switched to another terminal but found
nothing useful to me. Using startx in another terminal the return message
said to remove the /tmp/.X0-lock file and try again, which I did, to no
happiness. Not wanting to venture too far into areas I do not know or
understand, I decided to upgrade to 12.3 with the thought that that might fix
things along the way. Has not.

I now see messages suggesting issues with plastic(?) and fatal errors. I
have, however, been able to log in and work using the IceWM. I also tried
adding many files for Gnome to see if that would become an available WM. Only
got an error message for that.

Would like to get back to KDE, but would not be against a Gnome experience.
Is there something simple I am missing (almost certainly so)? I will try to
write down more of error messages as I assume someome will want that.

Thanks for your attention and any assistance.

Richard