Re: [opensuse] EFI Boot Problem with 12.3 x64 and Intel Xeon Server
Hi

Dne Út 17. září 2013 16:44:50, andreil1 napsal(a):
Hi !

I have assembled this server:
Intel server m/b S1200BTL E98681-352
BMC Firmware 1.13.2825, ME Firmware 02.02.00.036

CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 3.3GHz
8 GB RAM

LSI 3Ware 9750-4i RAID L5 with 4x1TB WD hard drives

SuSE 12.3 x64 installs fine (with 1st FAT EFI partition) from USB stick,
however, after install process being complete and restart I have nothing
but black screen and blinking cursor. Virtually nothing else, even grub2
prompt.

In BIOS setup I see entry "opensuse", and LSI 3Ware RAID set as first boot
device.

I tried to change partition setup, nothing changed. I can boot only from USB
stick,

Anyone can suggest me what to do next ?

I had similar problem with IBM (but with older versions of openSUSE). I ended
up with turning off UEFI and secure boot and using legacy BIOS. Since then it
works fine. And I was lazy to change it. ;-)
openSUSE 12.3 should work fine. Anyway, does Your server also have Secure Boot?
If so, did You follow
https://www.suse.com/releasenotes/x86_64/openSUSE/12.3/#sec.123.uefi and
following sections? There are some bugs in installer and if You'd follow those
instructions, it should be fine.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion(s).
Andrei

Good luck,
Vojtěch

--