Re: [opensuse] Hard disks in vertical position?
On 16/09/13 18:29, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I "destroyed" a HD on a desktop by banging my fist once on the table.
Immediately I had read errors and a region was unreadable.

I "destroyed" a HD in my laptop by banging my fist once on the... laptop. I had read errors though I later managed to zone off the damaged part and still use the drive as external storage with no problems.

Following that incident I resolved to banging the table instead of the laptop. Evidently from your post, however, I need to identify a new fist-banging location entirely air-gapped from the laptop. Current frontrunner is my flatmate's face. They already have enough bad sectors that nobody will notice :)