Re: [opensuse] Hard disks in vertical position?
On 2013-09-16 15:40, Greg Freemyer wrote:
In operation with the platters spinning and the heads "flying"
micrometers above the platter surface, a standard 10 year old
manufactured harddrive will develop media errors if you give it a
strong bump. ie. you have a disk head crash.

I "destroyed" a HD on a desktop by banging my fist once on the table.
Immediately I had read errors and a region was unreadable.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.