Re: [opensuse] Hard disks in vertical position?
Le 16/09/2013 15:40, Greg Freemyer a écrit :

It could be that a modern 3 1/2 platter is also robust and able to
withstand a low-flying head bouncing off of it every now and then.

very low, then. this is what I found, opening a damged disk, taken from a laptop that was not really visibly damaged:

http://dodin.org/piwigo/picture.php?/52841/search/131

http://dodin.org/piwigo/picture.php?/49654/search/131

and the plate is glass (One can see throught it, where the head did erase the magnetic part.

And to be sure I broke apart the other plate, it's tempered glass (only one plate was damaged)

you can listen to the noise here

http://dodin.org/piwigo/picture.php?/55540/search/131

jdd

--