Re: [opensuse] Share some home folders in dualboot
  • From: michael norman <michaeltnorman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 02:50:52 +0100
On 14/09/13 09:09, Bernhard Voelker wrote:
On 09/14/2013 10:03 AM, michael norman wrote:
I am dual booting 12.3 and Linux Mint 15.

I would like to share some of my 12 3 home directories with my Linux
Mint home directory. I have separate user accounts on bot os's.

In particular I would like to have read/write access tp my 12.3 home
mozilla and thunderbird and my personal and documents folders from my LM
home directory.

How do I do this ? Hard links ? How do I set them up ?
I'd put $HOME/.. on a separate file system and mount it on /home
in both installations.
Please keep in mind to have the same numerical user IDs in both OSs.
Thanks thats what I've done.

Re. mozilla & thunderbird (or other applications): if the versions
of an application differ too much, then it'd be possible that the
format of the application data is not compatible. You'll see.
Thats what I thought.

Have a nice day,
Berny