Re: [opensuse] what to do after zypper dup
  • From: Saulteau Don <sault.don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 10:12:40 -0700
Use "zypper ps" to list the processes that need to be restarted.

Look to the left in the PID columns and remember the processes number
for that service.
Then use "pstree -p PID" and replace PID with the actual PID (seen in
the output of "zypper ps") of the service you're interested in.

Then that should give you an idea of the service to restart. Those can
be restarted with either systemctl or rc... commands.

Like for postgresql you could use either "systemctl restart
postgresql.service" or "rcpostgresql restart" - and the restart
commands, whichever you choose, need to be run as root (ie, with
sudo).

Each time you restart a service, run "zypper ps" to see what's left.

'Rinse and repeat'

SaultDon

Donovan