Re: [opensuse] Does chown work on directories on a NAS that uses cifs?
On Sat, 2013-09-14 at 10:41 -0400, Ted Byers wrote:
I have traced one of my troubles to one of ownership of a directory
and it's contents. MySQL requires ownership of the data directory.
This I found out the hard way.

I ran 'sudo chown -R' on the directory in question on that NAS, but
after I did so, Linux still seems to think that root still owns the
directory and its contents. Why? And how should I fix this?

Hi
chown will work if smb.conf on the NAS allows it. Do you have access to
smb.conf for that directory on the NAS? Does the NAS have a control
panel for the samba shares maybe? Post smb.conf if you can.
HTH
L x