Re: [opensuse] mount cifs from fstab with networkmanager
В Fri, 13 Sep 2013 23:51:45 +0200
lynn <lynn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

On Fri, 2013-09-13 at 21:35 +0400, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
В Fri, 13 Sep 2013 19:30:02 +0200
lynn <lynn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

On Sun, 2013-09-08 at 13:56 +0400, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
В Sun, 08 Sep 2013 10:23:41 +0200
lynn <lynn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

12.3
Hi
NetworkManager is not up in time to mount cifs shares from fstab. I
have
to use ifup or the automounter.

Is there any way to get NetworkManager up in time? My Ubuntu laptop
manages it OK.

Make sure NetworkManager-wait-online service is enabled:

systemctl enable NetworkManager-wait-online.service

Set NM_ONLINE_TIMEOUT in /etc/sysconfig/network/config to a value
greater than required to establish connection.

Thanks, but unfortunately, it does not start at boot even though I've
enabled it.

What "" says?

Any ideas to get it to fire up at boot?
Thanks,
L x

NetworkManager-wait-online.service - Network Manager Wait Online
Loaded: loaded
(/usr/lib/systemd/system/NetworkManager-wait-online.service; enabled)
Active: inactive (dead) since Fri, 2013-09-13 23:46:50 CEST;
1min 48s ago
Process: 3382 ExecStart=/bin/bash -c if [ ${NM_ONLINE_TIMEOUT}
-gt 0 ]; then /usr/bin/nm-online -q --timeout=${NM_ONLINE_TIMEOUT} ;
else /bin/true ; fi (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
CGroup:
name=systemd:/system/NetworkManager-wait-online.service

What sort of values for NM_ONLINE_TIMEOUT are we thinking about? In time
honoured fashion I've tried 2 4 8 16 31 and 65 so far.

As much time as your NetworkManager needs to configure interfaces.

Please show your /etc/fstab and also output of

systemctl status NetworkManager-wait-online.service
path-to-your-cifs-mount-point.mount

Where /foo/bar becomes foo-bar.mount.

And please show ALL output, not the parts you think are important.
Journal log entries that are output by systemctl status are important to
see relative timing.