Re: [opensuse] auto spin-down of unplugged USB drive
On 13/09/13 18:04, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
Does it actually unmount or performs "safe remove"? I would be
surprised if unmount did it; I rather think that Ubintu hides "safe
remove" behind "unmount".

I wiped Ubuntu before installing openSUSE so I'm no longer able to check exactly what it does. Normally in openSUSE I simply 'safely remove' it from within Dolphin or the KDE Device popup.

On the machine I'm on at the moment I have an entry for the drive in my fstab as noauto and nofail, so I access it when needed. I just tried unmounting it in a terminal but that still leaves it switched on and spinning.