Re: [opensuse] Re: Battery Widget in KDE
On 13/09/13 01:45, John Andersen wrote:> On 9/12/2013 4:42 PM, John Andersen wrote:
>> Where does this thing get its battery state measurements?
>>
>> The widget in the taskbar as well as the plasma thingie on the desktop indicate
>> 32% while the battery level in KSysGuard indicates 68%.
>>
>> Why would two utilities from the same release of KDE differ about the state of the
>> same battery?
>>

> For the record, the KSysGuard value agrees more closely with the push-button
> LDE lights on the battery itself.

I've noticed a change which may have come about with KDE 4.11.1 (I'm on the 4.11 Release repo in oS 12.3) but I can't be sure. Having just acquired a secondhand laptop pre-loaded with Ubuntu I noted the battery does not charge to full capacity and would typically start at around two-thirds before draining. When I installed openSUSE and KDE with 4.11 it showed a similar reading, but the last couple of times I've unplugged (having just updated to 4.11.1 a week ago), it starts at a full 100%. I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean my battery has miraculously relearned how to recover full performance, just that either by accident or by design a developer has modified how the state gets shown.

Cheers,
Peter