Re: [opensuse] MySQL doesn't seem to like NAS
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 08:05:50 +0200
Ted Byers wrote:

Now there are some questions that arise.

1) How do I verify that the NAS is mounted at boot time before the
system tries to star MySQL?

You amend /etc/fstab with an entry for your NAS filesystem. Find your
device/partition in /dev/disk/by-id/, then add that to /etc/fstab along
with the mountpoint. Yast2:partitioner will also help you with this.

2) How do I verify that MySQL has read/write permissions on the NAS
mount? (I know my account and root both have access but I do not know
if MySQL runs are either of users - but, indeed, I'd be a bit nervous
if MySQL ran as root).

mysql runs as mysql - your datadir needs to be owned by mysql:mysql.

3) What is the preferred way to tell MySQL that it should store the
data for a given schema on a specific directory on the NAS?

I think you'll need mysql tablespaces for that:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/innodb-multiple-tablespaces.html

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.8°C)