[opensuse] I don't understand NAS cifs
I have a 4 TB NAS, and put an entry into fstab to automagically mount
a directory on it. Now, when I look at system services, I see a
service called 'cifs' that is NT running. And yet, I can open Emacs,
create a plain text file, and save it to that directory on the NAS.

Is the cifs service not responsible for my access to the NAS? If not, what is?

There are two questions I want to examine. 1) how do I ensure that
the NS is accessable at boot time before the system tries to start the
MySQL service. 2) How do I ensure that, whatever user the MySQL
service runs as, that it has access to the NAS?

Thanks

Ted