Re: [opensuse] MySQL doesn't seem to like NAS
Thanks.

I did, finally figure out how to restore it back to the default
condifuration Looking at the tail of the messages helped. As it
turned out, MySQL Workbench changed the my.cnf file but didn't move
any files or rectories. Thus, when MySQL tried to start, it couldn't
find its files. and so it died.

Now there are some questions that arise.

1) How do I verify that the NAS is mounted at boot time before the
system tries to star MySQL?
2) How do I verify that MySQL has read/write permissions on the NAS
mount? (I know my account and root both have access but I do not know
if MySQL runs are either of users - but, indeed, I'd be a bit nervous
if MySQL ran as root).
3) What is the preferred way to tell MySQL that it should store the
data for a given schema on a specific directory on the NAS?

Thanks

Ted