Re: [opensuse] apache config, FollowSymlinks
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 20:10:59 +0200
jdd wrote:

Hello,

I try to make my apache config as clean as possible, and so easy to
move from a server to an other or to install elsewhere.

specifically, I usually don't use the root partition to hold data, so
/srv do not fit.

you could always mount a separate partition on /srv/www, that's what I
do.

my test is placing a dumb /srv/www/htdocs/index./html, with "server
listening...". With hard path, my browser displays the message.

If I replace it by a soft link, I get a 403 error (no permissions to
read)

apache2ctl do not give any syntax error, the logs give:

[Thu Sep 12 18:51:27 2013] [error] [client 82.228.87.93] Symbolic link
not allowed or link target not accessible: /srv

so why I beg this is a FollowSymlinks error.

Because FollowSymlinks is per server or vhost, I think.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.8°C)