Re: [opensuse] Screen capture program
On 9/12/2013 5:19 AM, John Bennett wrote:
On 12/09/13 22:13, Billie Walsh wrote:
On 09/12/2013 05:39 AM, John Bennett wrote:
On 12/09/13 20:35, Duaine Hechler wrote:
On 09/12/2013 05:30 AM, John Bennett wrote:
Am after a screencapture prog with slightly more ability.
In Windows, I use Greenshot, which allows you to easily "markup" a
screenshot after capture (ie text, highlight, shapes etc)
Is there anything similar available (sure there must be!) Searching only
seems to bring up the basic capture programs.
Thanks.
Have you tried Ksnapshot ?

Yep, but unless I am missing something it is only a VERY basic
(snapshot>copy>save) type program?
Thanks.

I use Ksnapshot to get the portion of the screen I want then open the image
with Gimp. From that point about the only limit is your
imagination.

Think I've found the answer: Shutter. Did a search in Software packages:
http://software.opensuse.org/package/shutter
Thanks, all.

It looked nice, but when I went to install it, it wanted to pull in a boatload
(well in excess of 15meg) of Gnome
crap, some of which is obsolete even in Gnome. (From old Gnome version).