Re: [opensuse] restarting X server in openSUSE 12.2 with systemd
  • From: Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 20:07:44 -0400
On 09/11/2013 07:52 PM, Patrick Shanahan pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
* Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-11-13 19:48]:
[...]
Oh, so one need only type (at the cli):

multi-user.target

to get the equivalent of init 3

or (again at the cli)

graphical.target

to get the same as init 5.

you forgot <sarcasm>
</sarcasm>

No, no sarcasm intended. As I have yet to use systemd (it provides no useful benefit to me) I was just trying to clarify what the command line equivalents are for init 3 and init 5 for when I am forced to use systemd when I upgrade to 13.1.
And anyone that had been using sysvinit for more then a couple of months knows what the s,0,1,2,3,4,5,6 used with init means (yes this is sarcasm).

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998