Re: [opensuse] restarting X server in openSUSE 12.2 with systemd
2013. szeptember 11. 19:33 napon Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
írta:

El 11/09/13 13:43, Istvan Gabor escribió:

That is init 3, init 5?

Yes.

Could you explain, please why it is till workong with systemd?

Because systemd has minimal sysvinit compatibility which among other
things, includes this.

And how can I restart the server to start desktop0 on vt7
instead of vt8 which occasionally occurs?

Systemd is fast... really fast.. one of the side effects of that is it
brings some really fun race conditions to the surface, plymouth used to
race this way, it should be fixed by now though.

I don't know what plymouth is, I've never heard of it before. I will check it.

Regarding fats boot speed: I think this is a kinf of cheeting.

You get a login screen very soon, but if you login immediately,
the system is still booting after you've logged in.
For example when I log in, I have to wait for network connection
~ another 5-10 seconds or longer. That is it takes time after login
to have a fully set up system. And this speed has the drawbacks
you mentioned.

I preferred/would prefer a system that boots slower but becomes
stably set up until when I get the login screen.

Does it really matter that ~30 seconds when you boot once or twice
a day?

Thanks,

Istvan