Re: [opensuse] Hard disks in vertical position?
2013. szeptember 7. 15:11 napon "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx> írta:

Years ago I remember that hard disks had to be positioned horizontally,
printed board facing down. The documentation said so. If you wanted to
place them vertically, the documentation also specified which face had to
look down, but warned that the wear would be worse.

So I always put them horizontally, without thinking.

But I'm about to place one vertically, and I don't see any mention of this
in the documentation. Have things changed, or have I missed something in
the docs?

I'm using seagate:

Model Family: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 (AF)
Device Model: ST500DM002-1BD142

Hello:

HP Proliant microserver has slots for hard disk in vertical position.
Therefore I think either horizontal or vertical position is OK.

Istvan