Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird stopped downloading from IMAP server
On 09/08/2013 01:25 PM, Bob Williams pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Since sometime this morning, Thunderbird has stopped loading new
messages from my ISP's IMAP server. This is happening on both my laptop
and my desktop, both of which are running Tbird 17.0.8 on openSUSE 12.3,
with KDE 4.10.5

When I right click the account name and click on Subscribe, the folder
list is empty. The Inbox on my desktop incarnation is completely empty,
other folders show mails up until yesterday, but nothing for today.

Thunderbird running in Windows 7, which I'm using to post this message,
is working as expected, which means the problem is with my linux
Thunderbird installations. I've tried reverting to earlier versions in
case an upgrade this morning introduced a bug, but without success. I
don't remember changing anything, just noticing the odd behaviour.

Claws mail in linux also downloads the latest mail OK.

Is their a configuration file I could safely delete, forcing TB to
regenerate it when it starts up? I've tried deleting the
global-messages-db.sqlite file, which got rebuilt, but it didn't solve
the problem.

TIA

Bob

Move .thunderbird to a different name and see if a new config fixes the problem.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998