Re: [opensuse] systemd & reiser.fsck SLOW on 12.3/32bit
On 09/07/2013 11:41 PM, Larry Stotler wrote:
I have a laptop running 12.3/32bit. I've used resier since S.u.S.E.
adopted it & all my drives use it so I have just stuck with it.

I've always been impressed with how fast reiser recovers from a power
off failure(like when I let my battery die when the laptop is
asleep.....)

However, I've noticed that now with the newer versions & systemd that
it seems to take MUCH longer for the fsck to complete.

Now, I removed the plymouth

Systemd or plymouth have absolutely nothing to do with the time fsck takes to run on a particular filesystem.

How did you arrive to these conclusions ?