Re: [opensuse] Hard disks in vertical position?
On 09/07/2013 06:11 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Hi,

Years ago I remember that hard disks had to be positioned horizontally,
printed board facing down. The documentation said so. If you wanted to
place them vertically, the documentation also specified which face had
to look down, but warned that the wear would be worse.

So I always put them horizontally, without thinking.

But I'm about to place one vertically, and I don't see any mention of
this in the documentation. Have things changed, or have I missed
something in the docs?

I'm using seagate:

Model Family: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 (AF)
Device Model: ST500DM002-1BD142

-- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

Once asked a Hard Disk tech support guy (Hitachi) and he said any
orientation except upside down (meaning label side down). This
was specific to his drives, and had to do with the type of bearings used.

This was back in the 90's so it probably doesn't matter these days.

--
Explain again the part about rm -rf /