Re: [opensuse] NFSv4 configuration
В Thu, 05 Sep 2013 15:54:58 +0100
Dylan <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

Hi All,

I'm trying to set up NFSv4 shares on my home network. On the server
(zeus) I have the following in /etc/exports:

zeus:/home/dylan # cat /etc/exports
/srv/NFS4 *(fsid=0,crossmnt,ro,root_squash,sync,no_subtree_check)
/srv/NFS4/dylan *(bind=/home/dylan,rw,root_squash,sync,no_subtree_check)
/srv/NFS4/sdc *(bind=/media/sdc,rw,root_squash,sync,no_subtree_check)
/srv/NFS4/sdd *(bind=/media/sdd,rw,root_squash,sync,no_subtree_check)

and the latter three directories are, indeed, bound in the NFS4 directory.

On the client (zen), the relevant entries in /etc/fstab are:

zen:/media/zeus # cat /etc/fstab
[SNIP]
zeus:/srv/NFS4 /media/zeus nfs4 defaults 0 0
zeus:/srv/NFS4/dylan /media/zeus/dylan nfs4 defaults 0 0
zeus:/srv/NFS4/sdc /media/zeus/sdc nfs4 defaults 0 0
zeus:/srv/NFS4/sdd /media/zeus/sdd nfs4 defaults 0 0

Both machines have the same setting for the NFSv4 domain (localdomain)
and ps reports that rpcbind, rpc.idmapd and rpc.statd are running on
both client and server.

When I try to mount any of the directories I get a "No such file or
directory" error, for example:

zen:/media/zeus # mount /media/zeus
mount.nfs4: mounting zeus:/srv/NFS4 failed, reason given by server:
No such file or directory

What am I missing here?

NFSv4 export model is single directory tree, so your /srv/NFS4 becomes
just / on client.

Note that there is no word of bind=... export option in 12.3 and in
quick testing it does not work either. I.e. you get empty directories
on client unless you bind mount them manually on server.

You should be able to just export /home/dylan, /media/sdc
and /media/sdd and mount them as in NFSv3 case. See also
http://linux-nfs.org/wiki/index.php/Nfsv4_configuration