Re: [opensuse] ssh login to openSUSE 12.2: Connection refused
2013. szeptember 4. 20:03 napon John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> írta:

On 9/4/2013 10:40 AM, Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello:

I have a problem with ssh login to openSUSE 12.2 system.

sshd is running and listening on port 4321

port 4321 is open in the firewall:

In /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2 file there is a line

FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP="146"

When I try to login to the system I get an error message:

ssh -l user -p 4321 <my-opensuse-host>
ssh: connect to host <my-opensuse-host> port 4321: Connection refused

In /etc/ssh/sshd_conf file I have this line:

AllowUsers user

The same configuration worked in previous openSUSE systems (12.1, 11.2).

How could I check what the problem is and fix it?

Thanks,

Istvan

Go into yast and shut down the firewall and see if you can then get in.

I did it and it seems I get the same response with firewall off.
I had to turn off firewall by applying:

# rcSuSEfirewall2 stop

script since openSUSE 12.2 YaST is buggy and clicking on
turn off firewall in YaST ha no effect.

Also make sure that SSHD is listening on all interfaces and
that there is a setting that says
AddressFamily inet

I did not know about this. Will check it.
I never had to check this before. Is this specific to 12.2
or systemd?

This last one has tripped up many folks.

Thanks,

Istvan