Re: [opensuse] HP Dynamic Smart Array B120i SATA Controller and OpenSuSE
I've had occasion to use several of the older HP smart array machines and they
always worked. In some cases I dug through the documentation and found the
jumper that turned them into just dumb controller cards and used them with
software raid.

This was done because all that was available was mismatched disks.

I found that used this way the controllers actually performed better than
natively, which I didn't expect because all disks were on the same controller.
Software raid was just so much faster that it made up for that handicap.

Claudio ML <claudioml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,

Anyone have experienced that fake raid controller with OpenSuSE? It
works or must be used with software raid?

Cordially,

Claudio.