Re: [opensuse] Is it possible to send email with postfix without DNS?
Werner Flamme said the following on 09/01/2013 03:58 AM:

I never found postix accepting user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Instead, one can use
something like user@xxxxxxxxx and define a transport like
@dont.know smtp:[192.168.2.101]

That's ingenious!

To be honest, I'm not sure the issue is with postfix, per se.
I've just tried a few MUAs and they all reject "user@xxxxxxxxxxxx" with a "bad address syntax" message. I suppose you could go into the message buffers of postfix and hand edit a valid address into an IP one.

Perhaps, given a MUA that will accept that syntax and hand it to Postfix, we can set up a debug g trace to see how it handles or fails with it under various configs.

But I can't say its a high priority matter given Werner's idea.

--
How long did the whining go on when KDE2 went on KDE3?

The only universal constant is change. If a species can not adapt it
goes extinct. That's the law of the universe, adapt or die.
-- Billie Walsh, May 18 2013