Re: [opensuse] Extrange change in "/etc/sysconfig/clock"
On 2013-08-31 22:09, James Knott wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

The cure on those cases was to set the system clock manually, transfer
contents to cmos clock, and then erase the adjtime file, in the
knowledge that rebooting would set it up correctly.

The cure is to not let Windows change the hardware clock. Let Linux do
it, but with the clock set to local time, instead of the usual UTC.

Few people know how to forbid Windows to change the "hardware clock". I
don't.

By the way, if you set the cmos clock to "local", openSUSE will refuse
to do the yearly summer/winter change, and other adjustments to the cmos
clock (aka bios clock, aka "hardware clock).

On the other hand, on windows 7/8 (and vista, I think) it is possible to
tell Windows to use the cmos clock as UTC instead of local. This is what
I use and since them, I have no problems.

But even if you do any of those solutions, the /etc/adjtime file is
already corrupted (if you have the hours shift problem on boot). You
have to remove it and recreate it again.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.