Re: [opensuse] Dual /multiboot openSUSE
Le 30/08/2013 13:38, michael norman a écrit :

In that case when you boot up the machine does it start from the
Ubuntu grub ?

What I want is to have dual boot with Mint and boot control from
openSUSE.

You say ubuntu appears to boot from MBR, is that desirable ?

UEFI install is a bit special.

usually the distro or windows get a boot entry in the bios, like any harddrive or cdrom, and the default choice is done there.

openSUSE install complies with this sheme, after openSUSE installs, one have to go in the bios to choose to start from windows or openSUSE.

After subsequent ubuntu install, the bios have an other entry, but by the hardrive name, reason why I guess ubuntu installed itself on the mbr.

so after that I could boot windows, opensuse (knows about windows but not about ubuntu, of course), or ubuntu.

The opensuse boot menu know about windows (previouisly installed), but not ubuntu (that was not installed).

ubuntu knows about openSUSE, but not windows.

I guess yast could find ubuntu to add it to his boot menu (or you can add it manually), but I didn't try it and I do nont have this computer at hand right now

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.org