Re: [opensuse] Dual /multiboot openSUSE
On 08/30/2013 12:14 PM, michael norman wrote:
On 30/08/13 10:03, ellanios82 wrote:
On 08/30/2013 11:24 AM, michael norman wrote:
I am running 12 3 64 bit. I am using Grub legacy installed in the root partition.

I am thinking of adding Linux Mint in dual boot mode. I have a spare partition which I keep for installing other Os's which I usually use to test new versions of openSUSE.

It is some time since I tried that with an non SUSE os.

Are there any gotchas I should look for doing this with Linux Mint ? Where should I tell it to put its bootloader so that openSUSE will see it ?
Anything else I should worry about ?

- have tried Linux Mint LIVE on an usb stick

- seems ok { one can access ones /home directory from Linux Mint LIVE }

best regards

Thanks I have run it from a live cd and in a vm what I want to do now is install it alongside openSUSE as I want to run some apps developed for Ubuntu which don't work very well in a vm or from a live environment.

- booting from USB stick has the benefit of not needing to plan for grub changes

- guess one can download, install, and store the apps developed for Ubuntu
onto the Linux Mint LIVE usb stick : { seems 32 GB usb sticks not so expensive now}

best regards