Re: [opensuse] ddclient error
On 8/28/2013 11:04 PM, George Olson (SUSE list) wrote:
* George Olson (SUSE list) <grglsn765@xxxxxxxxx> [08-28-13 20:13]:
On 08/28/2013 07:28 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
El 2013-08-28 a las 18:50 +0800, George Olson (SUSE list) escribi�:

As you can see from the time stamps, the time that this email came was 5
hours after I turned off ddclient.service, and it has been doing this
every 10 minutes (the time I set the update frequency to earlier long
before I disabled the service). Why is it still sending these emails if
the service is no longer running?
Probably because it is a cron job, and that job does not look to check
that the service is down.

As a quick hack, find that job and comment it out. Later, recode it.

Ok, I am looking in my folders...

/etc/cron.d is empty
/etc/cron/daily has several files, but the log error is happening every
10 minutes.

Where would be the file that shows that a cron job is running as some
kind of service? I don't know which file to edit in order to comment
that out.
ls -lad /etc/cron*
None of these files had any reference to ddclient
will give you a list of possible locations.

or maybe: grep -r ddclient /etc/cron*
sudo grep -r ddclient /etc/cron*

nothing returned
also try: crontab -l |grep ddclient
and do the same as root

crontab -l | grep ddclient
no crontab for george

Guys, ddclient hooks dhcpc so that it doesn't need a cron job.
It wakes up and updates when your ip changes, and it you want it to
do it any other time (why?) you can just touch
/var/cache/ddclient/ddclient.cache