Re: [opensuse] KMail on 12.3
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 19:09:44 +0200 (CEST)

El 2013-08-27 a las 12:55 -0400, Anton Aylward escribió:

Carlos E. R. said the following on 08/27/2013 12:44 PM:

I'm talking here (this paragraph) of nntp, not email.

Yea well, I've spun around and confused as to what refers to what.
Perhaps we need to label things at the paragraph level or break up this thread into finer, more specific ones. Purely mail capabilities vs purely nntp matter vs purely file system matters.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

:-)

I was comparing both, because leafnode archives nntp as thousands of small files. In fact, previously I used thunderbid storing locally nntp posts on the equivalent of mbox, and it worked badly when the folders were large. On nntp it is typical to purge old posts and add new ones - it becomes a Gruyere cheese full of holes ;-)

- -- Cheers
Carlos E. R.

(from 11.4, with Evergreen, x86_64 "Celadon" (Minas Tirith))