Re: [opensuse] KMail on 12.3
Carlos E. R. said the following on 08/27/2013 09:40 AM:

>>Btrfs? I don't know how it compares to reiserfs in terms of small files.
>
>Target is 'same or better'. I have no complaints about performance; I just
>wish the fsck on boot actually did something :-/
Ah, yes, that is keeping me out:-(

I've been using it on my workstation since I installed 12.3 few months back. It seems remarkably resilient. I have everything on it including /boot. Last month I did a liveCD boot and ran the utility that does do the FSCK or equivalent clean up and tree balance/repair. Recall, everything is part of a tree with BtrFS.

Varonis (?sp?) has many performance and other analysis and reports.

Reality is that unless you're pushing a particular kind of task which makes specific and extreme demands (huge video file editing, creation/deleting of thousands of small files) most of the file systems are good general purpose ones. Reality is that journalling & recovery might be the most important thing going!

--
"We must fall back upon the old axiom that when all other contingencies fail, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
-- Sherlock Holmes, in "The Adventure of the Bruce-Partington Plans"