Re: [opensuse] KMail on 12.3
-----Original Message-----
From: Anton Aylward <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [opensuse] KMail on 12.3
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 09:50:47 -0400

Hans Witvliet said the following on 08/26/2013 09:17 AM:
If you have just one mbox-file, sequential reading/searching mbox might
be fast, but when you mutate a lot, storing messages into individual
files and subfolders in separate dirs looks more efficient.

Quite true but there is a WTF reaction on my part.

WTF are you doing altering emails?

Or do you mean something different from that by "mutate"?

As for INCOMING! opening the mbox file and doing an append ... append
... append ... isn't inefficient. It probably more efficient that doing
a step and repeat of ''create, append, close'.

How much of a pizzing match do you want to engage in here?
Not least of all because different file systems grow files in different
ways and different file system handle growing directories on file create
in different ways. So mailbox vs maildir gets to be more like comparing
apples to picasso paintings than apples to oranges.