Re: [opensuse] DHCP server, VLAN and subnets
Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
VLANs are virtual, therefore _not_ physically separate.

VLAN means separate L2 domain. I have seen enough people who were
running several different networks over the same L2 domain and were
sure they were using different VLANs.

Well, the VLANs I've worked with are the type described by 802.1q, with
a tag applied to the Ethernet frame to specify VLAN and CoS options
etc. Beyond the obsolete Cisco ISL, I'm not aware of any other VLAN,
though similar could be obtained with MPLS, if switches supported it.