Re: [opensuse] DHCP server, VLAN and subnets
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 18:49:17 +0200
Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

В Wed, 21 Aug 2013 22:33:47 -0400
James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

I have configured my openSUSE 11.4 firewall with a VLAN interface and
different subnet from my main one. I have configured the DHCP server
with the new address range, but for some reason I still get the main
subnet addresses assigned instead. I don't see any way to say which
interface a DHCP range applies to. Is there anyway to configure the
DHCP server so that the correct addresses are assigned on the VLAN
interface?

This should just work assuming that your VLANs are indeed physically
separate

VLANs are virtual, therefore _not_ physically separate.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (24.1°C)