Re: [opensuse] DHCP server, VLAN and subnets
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 16:05:47 +0200
James Knott wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
You're right, it works for him because he has dhcp relays in between.
You need to have dhcp dish out from a subnet depending on which
interface a request came in on. Hmmm.

That's the general idea, but for some reason the DHCP server thinks
it's OK to hand out addresses on the wrong subnet.

I don't think the DHCP server has a concept of which interface a request
came in on. I'm sure you've googled this already - every interesting
hit I see seems to up talking about using a dhcp relay. You could
perhaps do that, even if you're on a single box.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (23.7°C)