Re: [opensuse] DHCP server, VLAN and subnets
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 09:39:24 +0200
James Knott wrote:

I have configured my openSUSE 11.4 firewall with a VLAN interface and
different subnet from my main one. I have configured the DHCP server
with the new address range, but for some reason I still get the main
subnet addresses assigned instead. I don't see any way to say which
interface a DHCP range applies to. Is there anyway to configure the
DHCP server so that the correct addresses are assigned on the VLAN
interface?

This guy seems to have an answer:

http://blog.tinle.org/?p=300

The trick was to make all the subnet declaration, but don’t use
the “shared-network” statement. Make sure the DHCP relay are setup
correctly, and when client make DHCP requests, they will arrive at
the DHCP with the relay address in it as the GIADDR (gateway IP
address). The DHCP will see that and know which subnet it should
provide addresses from.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (16.2°C)