Re: [opensuse] Hard disk weirdness on an ancient laptop
On 2013-08-18 16:18, Greg Freemyer wrote:

The hard disk it came with was totally useless. 20GB, full of write
errors. So I bought a new one for it - I was lucky to locate a new unit

On the paper label it may have the date of manufacture or a date code.

Does it have either?

Yes, "JUN 08".

(I made a scan/photo of the backside before inserting in the laptop)

I understand it is "new" not as manufactured now, but manufactured 2008
and not sold at the time. The retailer just bought more units than they
were able to sell at the time, for which I'm fortunate.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.