Re: [opensuse] Creating the distro USB stick with a simple 'cp'
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 16:40:58 -0400
On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Brian K. White <brian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 8/7/2013 8:13 AM, Greg Freemyer wrote:

To keep them manageable we often break them into segments of 2 gb or less:
image.001, image.002, etc.

The well known/tested restore command is

cat image.* > /dev/sdx

You really rely on the shell globbing expansion to set the proper order of
the pieces?

It's a documented / well defined ordering. The pieces are named such that
they fit glob expansion ordering rules. image.001, image.002, ...,
image.999

So yes.

fyi: I do manually review all the pieces to make sure there are not any
extraneous files that might get picked up.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer